Thursday, February 12, 2009

2 Days and Counting

Well it's Thursday and we leave for The Big Easy on Saturday, but I want to start this blog off by recognizing three beautiful women who have worked very hard to get Project H.E.R.O. off of its feet. Sandy, Erika and Nicole, our amazing RLCs are fantastic powerful women who just want to make a difference in the world. I have had the opportunity to work with each of them and I really appreciate their focus and leadership for this project. They are continuously influencing us as participants to work hard and realize that every penny, every nail, and every person can really make a difference in places that need our help.

I know that everyone is so excited to embark on a once in a lifetime journey and truly challenge ourselves as people to go places we've never been before and work harder then we ever thought possible. I personally feel so determined to just go and do what I can. I am excited to learn more about our group going to New Orleans and establish fantastic new friendships with them. I know that we will have a great time... especially that 21 hour bus ride down!

Thank you to those individuals who have donated their time and money to the H.E.R.O. Project and supported our cause. This trip would not be possible without you. Even saying, "Have Fun!" solidifies our focus to the project.

Personally I would like to thank my DRED family for their wonderful support, I know that they will be wanting to hear stories when I come back, so I'll make sure that I experience all that I can.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that we dare to dream really do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment