Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beautiful Disaster

We went out for walk about an hour or two ago. It was a great learning experience for only being a short one. We met wonderful people who are still willing to talk about what happened, and disgusted as well seeing that after almost 4 years these houses are still sitting here. These were families that had Christmas dinner in these houses, and raised their kids here. It's odd to think that this is an accepted way of living after all they have been through. It was nice to hear though that they appreciate volunteers and that they are welcome anyone who wants to help, or those who just want to learn.

We're taking a bunch of pictures, so hopefully we can upload some more on here or show everyonew once we come home. It's like another world down here. I'm excited to experience more.

I've always had the philosophy "Once you hit rock bottom, there is nowhere to go BUT up" I think that this city is a living example of a raise in humanity, a raising of spirits after the rocks they have been through. I hope that I can contribute something to this town. I'm excited to experience it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment